Wednesday 6 May 2009

Ma.K Pilot Head Sculpt; Part 1

Well any Blog has to start somewhere! Recently I've been getting intrigued by the world of Maschinen Krieger, or Ma. K, an alternate future populated by odd looking combat suits. I bought a 1/20 scale kit from HobbyLink Japan and am currently building it. As a figure modeller, I was rather disappointed by the rather dull characterless head supplied with the kit, so I thought it would be fun to try to sculpt my own version, one of a veteran pilot......




Oh! The sculpting material I'm using for this is Super Sculpey Firm, which is applied over a core of Magic Sculpt. At this point in time, it's still un-baked......all the Sculpey is totally soft.....(gulp!)




I've photographed it with the kit head to make sure I've got the size right, after all it has to fit in a helmet (and will be difficult to see once complete!!!!)

There's still plenty to do......

No comments:

Post a Comment