Saturday 7 January 2012

It's my birthday today...is that relevant?..probably not, but I've had a glass of wine and realised I could do more with this ....this blog has been idle for a long time, but I noticed it's had 1000+ views despite it being somewhat empty of content.

Well time's they are a changing!

I have actually done some modelling - I will post some updates later

but yes, it was my birthday....and I managed to get a couple of model related presents.....not models....oh no! How can I justify models when there's so many knocking around in boxes unmade!

First was the new FAQ Vol 2 book....written by Mig Jimenez...
Loads to take in.....quality pictures, the odd product placement, but nothing but useful information and jaw dropping examples of finely painted "realistic" models of military vehicles. Inverted commas over the word realistic because it's a matter of taste if you think it's realistic.....to me, they are visual eye candy of the highest order. This book.....given it's size , number of photos and intelligently written  text is another must have book.....


Thanks Clare!

The second present was from my Amazon wishlist - "The Lions of Carentan".


I have loads of books about the US Airborne during WW2, a few about the British Airborne, but few of the German. My interest in all things Normandy, from D-day to the breakout and Operation Cobra, meant that a book on the Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 would be a welcome addition to my library. Most people will know of this unit as the poor sods being mown down in the marshes in episode 3 of "TheBand Of Brothers" TV series. The unit was every bit as "elite" as Easy Company, but no TV show has been made of them....

Thanks to my mother-in-law for that one!

So the birthday was good....and I even got some Cappuccino Truffles from my son....



No comments:

Post a Comment