Saturday 20 February 2010

Shihateki.........Flight

Here's a piece I'm going to paint for a group project over on The Basement. The subject is Flight. I've had this figure for several years and the group project gave me an excuse to get this out and paint her;




This was a figure that I'd been saving because I loved it so much I didn't want to screw it up! But life is too short. Sculpted by the talented hands of Cyril Abati, who has a great understanding of Japanese and Manga-esque subjects. She was also hard to get hold of - a sculpt from a French company that I don't even know still exists - ordering anything from France to the UK is hard work, and the comapy were very helpful when things got screwed up.


I do have some decisions to make; Like what colour to paint her!!!!!!!! Also, do I have her with a sword that she's holding, or resculpt that hand empty, matching the other......mmmmm.


I will have to see how her nose looks once it's primed as it seems a little bit squashed, and indeed how the primer looks overall....the surface is quite pitted, as this photo shows:






No comments:

Post a Comment